Sunday, October 30, 2011

Love and a Whole Lotta Other Drugs...

At the ripe old age of 28 I'm officially falling apart...

I believe a little backstory is in order. Travel back in time with me... ~wavy lines and dreamy crap~

About a month ago I went into my family physician for my regular yearly physical. Everything was going hunky dory (aside from those few extra pesky pounds that make me go ~whine~) until they tried to take my blood pressure. 158/95?? What the crap?! I've never  been that high ever before. In fact, I've always been low!

Lather, rinse, repeat with the same results. ~ le sigh~

Well I had been getting these nasty headaches and they were getting worse so I reasoned it might have been the medication I was taking for those. Doc put me on some other tabs for my headaches in the hopes that that was the problem and gave me orders to come back in a month's time to get re-tested.

Okay okay. I can deal with this.

A month goes by and headaches persist. I start seeing a back-cracker but the pills seem to be doing what they're supposed to do so I take it in stride.

I go back a month later or so and voila! 160/98 WHA?!! Oy vey, guess who is the proud new owner of her very own 50 miligrams of Atenolol (BP medication)? This girl!. ~le sigh~ Supposed to go back in another month and get meself tested once again. Hope this solves the problems....

I think I'm ready for my walker and cane now though. Matching set.

Then again, this is maybe just the kick in the pants that I need to get fully active again. I'm by no means obese at 150 lbs and I try to exercise at least 4 times a week including my cardio kickboxing classes (see: "Kicking Boxes and Other Exercise Misadventures") but there's always room for improvement. With diet and exercise Doc seems to think there might be hope to get off of them so here's hoping!

We're just going to take this little setback as a new motivation to dig in and learn to be a better person (physically).

Until that happens though, please pass my Metamucil and prune juices. I don't want to miss my Wheel of Fortunes...


1 comment:

  1. It'll get better! Especially since you're already working on it. Wonder if we'll get updates on this here blog?? Hmm???

    ReplyDelete