Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hola!

After much poking and prodding and self doubt and some time in the fetal position. I've decided to just start putting my ideas of simple things I can do to help me help myself down on paper. It then occurred to me, who uses paper anymore? Next best solution: blog it of course!

I keep telling myself I'm going to read more, or Imma gonna cook more or I'm going to be awesome with money and become the next Warren Buffett. Does it ever really happen?...no, not really. I'm going to make this blog my accountability for actually doing what I say I'm going to do now! If this blog is going to live a long happy life, I need to give it fodder otherwise it will die sad and alone. That is unacceptable. So we'll see how this goes. I'm welcome to suggestion so throw 'em if you got 'em.

After that little spiel...last night I was craving something sweet. This almost never happens so when it's right it's right no? Problem: It's late in the week and my pantry is bare. I had been trying to save money by living off of tuna fish and cheez-itz (but that is a story for another time) so I'm due up to shop this weekend. I find no sweet things in my cupboards except granulated sugar which (trust me) not worth the sweet fix...Oh but wait, I also see some lonely little tortillas in my fridge. I think that maybe with the proper TLC they could become...(say it together)...awesome!

So I decide to try for a poor man's sopaipilla (even though the actual recipe is really nothing like a true sopaipilla, but just go with it okay?). I took those oddball little tortillas and gave them a nice sponge bath in margarine. Spread a little sugar and cinnamon and even a dash of nutmeg on top to make them fall-ey and baked until crispy and browned.

They were pretty darn tasty, and (even with tortillas, butter, and sugar) were probably less calories than other desserts...say....cheesecake or the fried decliciousness that is an actual sopaipilla.


Yes, I DID take a bite out of one before I took this picture. So?

Viva la Mexico and my poor version of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment