Friday, December 23, 2011

Random Christmastime Musings

I quite enjoyed this whole "Who's Still Standing" show on NBC this past week. Nothing says Merry Christmas like dropping random strangers down a trap door for answering insanely easy questions wrong. Way to perpetuate the stereotype my friends!

I've been spending way too much time on this Pinterest thingy...Whoever created it I would love to shake your hand, then smack you in the back of the head. I can now create a holly garden wreath out of pine cones, hot glue and a paperclip.

I am starting to wonder if Christmas brain is a real thing. This time of year people seem to forget how to drive, common courtesy, how to walk a straight line...(I see you out there with the heavily spiked egg nog!)

I resolve to go on a diet come New Year. Then in 3 months when I've dwindled I resolve to go on a diet again...lather, rinse, repeat until next New Years.

I do believe that Elton John's "Step Into Christmas" has got to be the most annoying Christmas song ever...

To me, Christmas doesn't really feel like Christmas unless it's cold. Do Australians feel the opposite? (If I ever get a viewer from Australia, please feel free to let me know!)

Midnight Mass is at 6pm this year. It's like the Early Bird Special for Spirituality.

Yes, yes I did watch "My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas". I do have horrible taste in reality TV.

I watched an online video recently. Some parents were asked by Jimmy Kimmel to film their children getting crappy gifts a few weeks before Christmas. I found it hilarious and cruel all at the same time. Reminded me of that year my parents tried to psych me out by giving me a can of spinach which I had specifically said I did not want per my letter to Santa. That was traumatic. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Why is it that whenever I'm asked what I want for Christmas, I come up blank yet now two days before I can think of a half dozen or more little things that I wish I would have asked for instead.

It's Festivus today! I can whip all y'all in Feats of Strength...

Top 3 Christmas movies of all time (according to me): 1) Christmas Vacation, 2) A Christmas Story, 3) Elf (Yes I'm non-traditionalist)

Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds should fisticuffs shirtless, oiled up (I will do the oiling). This has nothing really Christmas related but just to make it so we can put some Santa hats on them or some tight elf pants...

But I digress.

And last and actually least, 

Because it's in my head now, it should be in your as well: You are welcome.

(Thanks YouTube, without you I will not have a plethora of horrible music videos and useless but wildy entertaining viral videos to choose from)

Safe Travels and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, this makes me think of deep thoughts by Jack Handey... ;) And that is the worst song ever.

    ReplyDelete