Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving of Thanks and All That Jazz...

As well all get ready to embark on that journey to grandma's house for massive helpings of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and good natured-motherly guilt lets all take a moment to think about what we are thankful for this Thanksgiving. Randomness and otherwise...

1) I am thankful for bosses who email at 9am saying we're closing at 3pm day before Thanksgiving.

2) I am thankful for the health of myself and my family and friends. May we Jedi's live many more long happy years!

3) I am thankful for Ryan Reynolds...just because wouldn't you be?


4) I am thankful for friends who are totally honest and tell you when you look like a stuffed sausage in that tube top.

5) I am thankful for family who are always there to listen as you bitch about whatever (Note to self: New Year's Resolution: bitch less)

6) I am thankful for that cool nip in the air that we're feeling now as late fall sets in. My favorite time of year.

7) I am thankful for my fuzzy little companion, Asher. Sure he seems to like the taste of my blood sometimes but he's my little monster and me loves him.

8) I am thankful for Ryan Gosling. (ie: see Ryan Reynolds above)


9) I am thankful for friends. They say friends are the family that we get to choose. I may not have that many good friends, but I know those there for me are there for good.

10) I am thankful for my parents. Those people who gave me life and love unconditionally. I know I've not always been the best child, but I hope I've done you justice.

This list is by no means all inclusive, but just a random bit of what was on my mind as we get ready to leave work (shhhhh) at 2:50 on Wednesday.

I hope that as you enjoy your buffet and subsequent turkey coma this year, you take a moment to think about all those things you are thankful for in your life and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: