As well all get ready to embark on that journey to grandma's house for massive helpings of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and good natured-motherly guilt lets all take a moment to think about what we are thankful for this Thanksgiving. Randomness and otherwise...
1) I am thankful for bosses who email at 9am saying we're closing at 3pm day before Thanksgiving.
2) I am thankful for the health of myself and my family and friends. May we Jedi's live many more long happy years!
3) I am thankful for Ryan Reynolds...just because wouldn't you be?
4) I am thankful for friends who are totally honest and tell you when you look like a stuffed sausage in that tube top.
5) I am thankful for family who are always there to listen as you bitch about whatever (Note to self: New Year's Resolution: bitch less)
6) I am thankful for that cool nip in the air that we're feeling now as late fall sets in. My favorite time of year.
7) I am thankful for my fuzzy little companion, Asher. Sure he seems to like the taste of my blood sometimes but he's my little monster and me loves him.
8) I am thankful for Ryan Gosling. (ie: see Ryan Reynolds above)
9) I am thankful for friends. They say friends are the family that we get to choose. I may not have that many good friends, but I know those there for me are there for good.
10) I am thankful for my parents. Those people who gave me life and love unconditionally. I know I've not always been the best child, but I hope I've done you justice.
This list is by no means all inclusive, but just a random bit of what was on my mind as we get ready to leave work (shhhhh) at 2:50 on Wednesday.
I hope that as you enjoy your buffet and subsequent turkey coma this year, you take a moment to think about all those things you are thankful for in your life and have a Happy Thanksgiving!